Initial Design Consultation $500.00
A design consultation is the starting point for all clients whether they are considering a major renovation or are simply looking to re-decorate. We believe that design advice isn’t a luxury – it is necessary to get the results you dream of without the mistakes and headaches that cost you time and money. What is included?
- Immediate design advice, paint selection and furniture placement
- Assessment of your lifestyle, wish list, and style preferences
- On-site brainstorming for solutions to design dilemmas
- Review and discussion of potential projects, and determine priority of each
- Discussion of preliminary budget and expectations
- Measure space as required for drawings
- Take photos for “Before” shots.
“For a number of years, I had been considering design changes to my custom home in Manotick. I was stuck because I had too many options and was unable to visualize the results. Jennifer McGahan was quickly able to explain what would work, and helped me make some long overdue decisions. Not only did she answer all my questions but she also proposed several changes that improved considerably on my ideas. To say the least I am very happy with the results and I am of the view that I received excellent value for her consultation.” Ross
Concept, Planning and Execution $ 125.00/hour
After your Initial Consultation, it will be time to get to work. We will handle all specifications and selections for your project. You won’t need to agonize over design choices – we know what works and what doesn’t. Your project may include the following:
- Determining colour palette, interior finishes, wall coverings, window coverings, lighting plans, ceiling treatments.
- Flooring selection
- Tile, Countertops, Backsplash selection
- Selection of Kitchen Cabinetry
- Furniture plans and selection
- “Pulling it all together” with accessories and finishing touches
- Sub-contractor quotes and estimates
“When we moved into our new home, I was completely overwhelmed. Jennifer helped me set priorities, develop a plan and make some easy changes that made a big difference.” Susan
Drawings $200 each
Every renovation starts with a drawing. These plans provide an accurate, clear picture of how the room will come together. From making sure all trades are working from the same set of drawings to ensuring proper flow and furniture placement, drawings are an extremely valuable tool for getting the design right before you start.
- AutoCAD drawings for space planning and furniture layout
- AutoCAD Drawings for quoting purposes on cabinetry, millwork and electrical (lighting) plans.
- AutoCad Drawings for Custom Kitchen Design
Project Management – Priced Per Project
Building a new home or undertaking a major renovation takes an enormous amount of time and money. Let us help you get it right the first time – from the blueprints to the finishing details.
- Creation and execution of a design plan, taking your home from drawing to finished space
- Space planning for renovation or new home build
- Review client’s house plans and make recommendations
- Select all interior finishes from supplier or builder’s samples
- Hiring and liaising with appropriate tradespeople
- Act as “general contractor” and point of contact for both homeowner and builder
- On-site visits to monitor renovation progress
- All furniture, fabrics, lighting, window treatments, and accessories selected, purchased and installed for you
“I found that Jennifer thought of things the builder and tradespeople did not. Things like placement of lighting features and plumbing fixtures. Having Jennifer manage everything gave me peace of mind and there is no way I would have ever had the time to manage it myself.” Andrea
* Initial Design Consultation fee payable before first meeting.
**A retainer of 25% of your project’s budget is required before work commences.
***Billing of designer’s time is invoiced monthly, and due upon receipt.